We are looking for an Application Software Architect that will partner with our Chief Technology Officer to build a team of software engineers and further develop the leader platform for data capture and online surveys around the world. The ideal applicant will be a software architect with a passion for exploring, designing, architecting and building our platform including the backend, customer-facing dashboards, new modules and data analytic capabilities using best-in-class frameworks.
Experience with cloud technologies, SaaS Solutions, high availability, containerization, micro-services, UI /UX design concepts as well as networking are all desirable.
ABOUT RIWI: RIWI stands for “real-time interactive world-wide intelligence”. RIWI is a global technology company that provides access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We break through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences, including the disengaged and quiet voices who do not typically answer surveys or express their views on social media. Our patented, cloud-based, real-time and interactive platform provides our clients the ability to make faster and improved decisions to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behavior, and to monitor and predict various issues and trends around the world. For more information about our clients, research and case studies, please see: https://riwi.com.
Location: Preferred location is Toronto, Canada, but open to remote work in North American Time Zones.
- Design, architect and develop a new (Greenfield project) front-end and back-end platform for data collection and analysis
- Coach Junior Developers on effective implementation
- Regular code reviews
- Performance and reliability testing
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Excellent Communication skills (English) to propose (and debate) ideas, solutions and trade-offs with technical and non-technical team members. Verbal, writing and listening skills are paramount.
- Problem-solving skills including root cause analysis or equivalent methodologies
- Basic Understanding of Statistics and Time Series Analysis
- React JS and Application Portal Design
- Bootstrap, Material Design UI, JQuery
- Python Server Side Web Frameworks (eg. Flask)
- JS, D3, Bokeh or equivalent Visualization Frameworks
- Pandas / Dask, SQLAlchemy and other Data Analysis Python Libraries
- Caching Techniques for Performance
- Authentication and Authorization Libraries and JSON Web Tokens
- CircleCI or equivalent continuous integration
- Hexagonal / Onion Architectural and OOP Design Patterns
- TDD or equivalent unit, integration and functional test methodologies
- Linux and Bash scripting
- Python and Golang (optional but preferred)
- All things SSH including SCP/SFTP
- TCP/IP and HTTP Networking Fundamentals
- VIM or equivalent terminal text editor
Why RIWI Corp.
- Work with ethical people passionate about data integrity and the truth
- Exercise your skills in solving real-world issues
- Join a publicly traded company on the TSX-V that is growth-focused
- Continuous learning and building durable systems for excellence
- Flexible schedule for remote work
Interested in learning more? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.