We are looking for an experienced Business Development Associate who will generate and qualify new leads for RIWI. The ideal
candidate is an experienced business development representative who has had demonstrable success. The person we hire will have
some experience within one or more of the following sectors: consumer products, retail, automotive, travel and tourism, and emerging
technologies. We are looking for a true “sales hunter” attitude with a relentless focus on generating relationships and leads for the
organization. Experience in the data industry is preferred and think and act globally is required. This position reports to the Chief Revenue
RIWI stands for “real-time interactive world-wide intelligence”. RIWI is a global technology company that provides access to fast-changing
consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We break through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and
observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences, including the disengaged and quiet voices who do not typically answer surveys or
express their views on social media. Our patented, cloud-based, real-time and interactive platform provides our clients the ability to make
faster and improved decisions to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behavior, and to monitor and predict
various issues and trends around the world. We have collected data on a variety of subject areas such as economic impact of COVID19 in China; consumer and shopping trends, accurate electoral prediction in various countries, income inequality; migrants and refugees:
corruption,, gender-based violence, LGBT rights, misinformation, as well as many others. RIWI works with industry leading organizations
such as the Bank of America, US Department of State, United Nations World Food Programme, The World Bank, and others. We collect
data in 229 countries and territories, over 80 languages and 1.6 billion interviewees and counting.
• Responsible for global outreach, lead generation and qualification in the following sectors: consumer, retail, travel & tourism, and
• Qualify leads and transition to industry focused salesperson to manage through the sales process
• Attend appropriate digital / virtual events to generate leads and build relationships
• Develop expertise of RIWI’s products to exceed targets
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 years of proven direct B2B sales experience, ideally for professional services, market research or technology / data
• University degree
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Commitment to work flexible hours as required due to global nature of our client base
• Entrepreneurial, comfort with ambiguity, ability to structure complex tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
• Experience using CRM to manage sales cycle (ideally HubSpot)
• Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fastpaced work environment.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
• Contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture.
• Detail-oriented with ability to oversee projects from origin through completion
• A self-starter with passion and initiative
• Entrepreneurial Leadership: RIWI is an agile start-up that is constantly evolving. We expect the roles and responsibilities will
continuously grow and expand. We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are excited to do whatever it takes to build RIWI.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage
applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse
communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the
hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Download the application here.
Please send your resume to email@example.com