Location: Remote, possibly an option of working hybrid in the Toronto office
We are looking for an enthusiastic business development associate to join our International Development team. The Business Development Associate will conduct outreach to organizations and respond to proposal requests from bilateral funders (primarily USAID, US State Department, US Department of Defense, FCDO and select UN agencies). The ideal candidate is inquisitive, detail-oriented and a great communicator. Demonstrated interest and/or experience in international development, political affairs, and research is preferable. This position reports to the Vice President and General Manager for International Development.
- Lead tracking of opportunities through public databases
- Conduct outreach to organizations for partnering
- Prepare capability statements for partners and funders
- Support the development of technical and price proposals
- Lead communication strategy, including the writing of case studies, campaign materials, blogs and social media
- Attend appropriate events to build relationships and generate leads
- Develop expertise of RIWI’s products in order to advise clients on best products to meet their needs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and required skills
- Recent graduate or 1-2 years’ experience working in a business development, grant-writing, sales focused role
- University degree in the social sciences such as sociology, psychology, international studies, political science, public policy, public health, and economics
- Comfortable working with quantitative data, from data collection to analysis, writing and visualization of data
- Demonstrated experience digging up information related to funding, projects, and people
- Desire to learn the international aid architecture and foreign assistance funding sources
- Familiarity and interest in international and current affairs
- Exceptional organizational, research, presentation, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to oversee projects from origin through completion
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to accomplish both intensely detailed independent tasks as well as actively brainstorm with the team
- Ability to thrive within a sales and service-delivery focused organization
- Commitment to work flexible hours
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple proposals concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- A self-starter with passion and initiative
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: RIWI is an agile start-up that is constantly evolving. We expect the roles and responsibilities will continuously grow and expand
- We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are excited to do whatever it takes to build RIWI
- Fluent in English, additional languages are an asset
RIWI is an award-winning global technology company collecting consumer and citizen sentiment data in every country in the world using the method and product suite patented by the company. RIWI is publicly traded and is Canada’s 5th fastest growing public company (Globe and Mail, 2019). Our patented, cloud-based software solutions provide a unique, real-time and interactive worldwide digital intelligence platform to clients to make faster, improved decision-making to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behaviour, and to monitor and predict various issues and trends around the world. RIWI works with industry-leading organizations such as US Department of State, United Nations World Food Programme, The World Bank, and numerous international non-governmental organizations. Since 2009, RIWI has gathered over 1.6 billion survey responses in over 70 languages and operated in over 229 countries and territories on a variety of subject areas such as the economic impact of COVID-19 in Latin America; electoral prediction in the US, Italy, UK, Japan; income inequality; and concerns of migrants and refugees, corruption, gender-based violence, LGBTQ rights, misinformation, as well as many others.
Interested in learning more?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Business Development Associate” – Please use that exact subject heading so that your application is received by the correct party.
Thank you for considering RIWI and we are honoured to receive all applications.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.