We are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead our finance Line of Business. The General Manager – Finance will develop strategies, products and drive sales across the global world of finance including research units at US and international banks, hedge funds across the world, Central banks, economic research groups, the international financial and economic institutions, and other financial market participants. We are looking for an experienced sales focused General Manager who has walked in the shoes of our customers, worked internationally, and has an established track record of building businesses based on research and/or data services in the financial services network. The GM will have a group quota that is a combination of personal and team sales. This person will have a passion for growing RIWI’s business across the globe including high frequency, macroeconomic and financial sentiment and preference data.The successful candidate will work closely with all areas of the business including the Senior Management team on sales strategy, product strategy and key account management. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
ABOUT RIWI: RIWI stands for “real-time interactive world-wide intelligence”. RIWI is a global technology company that provides access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We break through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences, including the disengaged and quiet voices who do not typically answer surveys or express their views on social media. Our patented, cloud-based, real-time and interactive platform provides our clients the ability to make faster and improved decisions to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behavior, and to monitor and predict various issues and trends around the world. We have collected data on a variety of subject areas such as the economic impact of COVID-19 in China; consumer and shopping trends, accurate electoral prediction in various countries, income inequality; migrants and refugees: corruption, gender-based violence, LGBTQ rights, misinformation, as well as many other pressing customer concerns. RIWI works with industry leading organizations such as BofA Securities, the US Department of State, the United Nations World Food Programme, The World Bank, and others. We collect data in 229 countries and territories, over 80 languages, with1.6 billion interviewees and counting.
Location: Toronto or NYC-area
- Accountability for building RIWI business in the Finance sector, across the globe. For the first year, this is primarily revenue driven, but will grow into full P&L responsibility. This includes the full Go To Market strategy, Product Strategy, Partner Management as well as the sales and marketing approaches.
- Identify the right products and services in the market that generate high-margin recurring revenue and develop the business case for investments.
- Develop go-to-market strategies that enable RIWI to grow with our target customers.
- Identify and oversee strategic partner relationships,
- Build the budget for your line of business.
- Build a high-performing team that will deliver consistent growth results year over year.
- Responsible for deal identification, design, negotiation and legal stewardship.
- Manage existing client relationships to grow business over time.
- Attend appropriate events to generate leads and build relationships.
- Develop expertise of RIWI’s products to exceed targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- University degree, and advanced finance-focused degree preferred, and a minimum combined ten years of finance/economics experience and direct B2B quota-carrying sales experience, ideally for one or more of firms in macroeconomic data, consumer insights, market research or data technology companies.
- Well connected in the Finance industry with connections in various financial institutions.
- MUST be conversant in global macroeconomic indicators and understand existing market gaps.
- Experience using other data and capabilities for improved decision making in finance – i.e micro/equities data, message testing, consumer behavioural insights etc.
- Experience and reach into global markets, and diverse buyers in different geographies (e.g. Japan-based funds).
- Strong track record of selling to amazing international clients with a relentless focus on generating leads and building long-term business relationships.
- Experience selling globally with a proven ability to sell to and build relationships to the C-suite.
- Able to lead diverse teams to consensus and alignment on strategy, deal points, and negotiations.
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, client management skills, organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Second language skills are not mandatory but definitely favoured.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities – must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver in-full both short- and long-term projects in a high stress environment.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture.
- Results-oriented mindset and a willingness to be hands-on with a high attention to detail.
- RIWI is constantly evolving. We expect the roles and responsibilities will continuously grow and expand. We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are excited to do whatever it takes to build RIWI.
- Commitment to work flexible hours and travel as required.
Interested in learning more? email email@example.com.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.