We are looking for an experienced data sales leader to the finance industry. The Industry Lead – Finance will develop and drive sales across the global world of finance. We are looking for an experienced quota-carrying data salesperson who has walked in our customers’ shoes, worked internationally, and has an established track record of selling research and data services in the financial services network. This person will have a passion for driving sales across the globe. They will work closely with all business areas, including the Senior Management team, on sales strategy and key account management. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
RIWI stands for “real-time interactive worldwide intelligence”. RIWI is a global technology company that provides access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We break through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences, including the disengaged and quiet voices who do not typically answer surveys or express their views on social media. Our patented, cloud-based, real-time and interactive platform provides our clients with the ability to make faster and improved decisions to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behaviour, and monitor and predict various issues and trends worldwide. We have collected data on various subject areas such as the economic impact of COVID-19 in China, consumer and shopping trends, accurate electoral prediction in multiple countries, income inequality, migrants and refugees: corruption, gender-based violence, LGBT rights, misinformation, as well as many others. RIWI works with industry-leading organizations such as the Bank of America, US Department of State, United Nations World Food Programme, The World Bank, and others. We collect data in 229 countries and territories, over 80 languages and 1.6 billion interviewees and counting.
Location: Toronto, NYC, Chicago, London
- Accountability for building RIWI business in the Finance sector, across the globe. This includes the full sales process – from outreach and lead generation work to negotiations, contracts and closing the deal.
- Responsible for deal identification, design, negotiation and legal stewardship.
- Manage existing client relationships to grow business over time.
- Attend appropriate events to generate leads and build relationships.
- Develop expertise of RIWI’s products to exceed targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A university degree and advanced business / finance-focused degree are preferred.
- A minimum combined ten years of finance/economics experience and direct B2B quota-carrying sales experience, ideally for one or more macroeconomic data, consumer insights, market research or data technology companies.
- Must be conversant in global macroeconomic indicators and understand existing market gaps.
- Experience using other data and capabilities for improved decision making in finance – i.e. micro/equity data, message testing, consumer behavioural insights etc.
- Experience and reach into global markets and diverse buyers in different geographies (e.g. Japan-based funds).
- Strong track record of selling to amazing international clients with a relentless focus on generating leads and building long-term business relationships.
- Experience selling globally with a proven ability to sell to and build relationships with the C-suite. Able to lead diverse teams to consensus and alignment on strategy, deal points, and negotiations.
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communications. Excellent interpersonal, client management skills, organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience using CRM to manage the sales cycle (ideally HubSpot).
- Second language skills are not mandatory but favoured.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities – must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver in-full, both short- and long-term projects in a high-stress environment.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture.
- Results-oriented mindset and a willingness to be hands-on with a high attention to detail.
- Commitment to work flexible hours and travel as required.
RIWI is continually evolving. We expect the roles and responsibilities will continuously grow and expand. We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are excited to do whatever it takes to build RIWI.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and
sexually diverse communities or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or
concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us to provide suitable accommodation.