RIWI is looking for a writer to help us accelerate partnership conversations with global experts in our four portfolio areas: public health security, global citizen engagement, economics trends and insights, and data gaps in China. The right candidate is deeply interested in current affairs relating to these areas, and possesses clear writing skills. This is a role for an insights-focused writer and communicator, with educational/ demonstrable interest in all four of our portfolio areas noted above. The right candidate may recently have completed an undergraduate degree in a relevant field which required strong writing skills, or possess a Master’s degree, and will have 1-2 years of relevant experience. We are looking to hire a strong written communicator who is engaged and curious about how to solve some of the biggest information gaps facing the world. The start date will begin as soon as possible this Summer. This is a full-time position.
- Demonstrable clear writing skills in English (fluency in other languages is always beneficial)
- Driven and excited by the unique data collection and research that RIWI performs across all portfolio focus areas: global public health security; fast-moving trends all across China; economic variables affecting equities prices and livelihoods and prosperity; and humanitarian aid in fragile and conflict states. See: https://riwi.com/research/ for research and case examples. See also: https://riwi.com/expertise/
- Integrity and coachability
- Curiosity and intelligence and empathy
- Collaborative nature
- Demonstrable data literacy (i.e. the capacity to incorporate data to write clearly and to properly support all claims made)
The unique role reports directly to the Chairman and CEO, but will require working with a diverse team. This is not a marketing role. It is closer to an investigative journalist and targeted communications outreach role. The ability to write clear, concise English is by far the top need. The role entails tasks such as:
- Condensing our current and past research into short summaries for different audiences (e.g. specialty global journalists, researchers, and experts); the writer will also prepare these summaries for internal experts at RIWI
- Writing support for certain public-facing articles
- Communicating with global experts (private and public sector) in our areas of work to support our business development and research teams
- Working with our digital marketing and business development teams team to distribute our work to help facilitate certain qualified leads for our salespeople
- Minor editing of a range of materials produced internally (e.g., blogs, articles) and written for external stakeholders
- Engagement online in an insights-based manner with externally written materials (blogs, social media posts) to help the firm access new audiences and partners globally
- Working with the Chairman and CEO to analyze certain data for (small) report writing
- Skills like the ability to visualize information elegantly and manipulate Excel sheets are helpful
Applications and a short cover letter of interest should be sent to: Ms. Sheila Penton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due July 14, 2021; we encourage qualified candidates to send in their application asap.
About RIWI Corp.
RIWI provides global trend tracking, prediction technology and access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We help tackle our clients’ most critical issues by breaking through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want, and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences online.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, diverse ethnicities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.