Customer Success (Project Implementation) Team, RIWI Corp.
We are looking for a hard working, curious, and driven person who will work directly with the Customer Success (CS) team on global perceptions data projects. Topics of data projects range widely from public health, humanitarian initiatives, political instability, economic issues, understanding misinformation campaigns, social cohesion, etc. The work will involve supporting the CS team implementing projects in order to meet client needs, coordinating with stakeholders, as well as conducting some research and data analysis. The intern will be given at least one project entirely their own, to develop from start to finish, with a tangible output at the end of their internship. Depending upon workflow and company growth, there is the possibility the summer internship may grow into permanent employment in a Full Time role on the CS team in the fall as a Customer Success Manager.
The candidate must have demonstrably excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in other languages is an asset. Further recommended skills and experience include:
- Interest or awareness of fragile contexts around the world (which may be geopolitical, humanitarian, economic, gender or conflict related, as per applicant’s interest);
- Comfort performing analysis on raw data sets (training and access to an analytical dashboard will be provided. A robust statistical background is not expected);
- Some knowledge or willingness to learn basic programming (training will be provided);
- Awareness of and interest in learning about various international organizations, the Sustainable Development Goals, and macro world events;
- Simple manipulation and graphing of data sets in MS Excel;
- Currently pursuing or having achieved a degree in any field of Humanities, the Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, Philosophy, Public Policy, Economics, Sociology), or other related degree. Any degree is encouraged to apply if the applicant can demonstrate how their diverse thinking can contribute to the team;
- Experience in any customer service role;
- A passion for problem solving, catching details, and entrepreneurialism in order to grow prosperity; and
- Demonstrable unwavering commitment to customer delivery excellence.
Please email your resume (2 page maximum), a concise cover letter (1 page maximum), and one writing sample, directed to Leah Moncada at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the internship posting. Writing samples may be a report, research brief, or essay, of at least 5 pages. They should ideally show capability to prove or disprove an idea, but may also showcase in-depth research (such as a literature review), or broad analysis of raw data.
Written applications are due May 10th, 2021, but early applications are encouraged. Start date is flexible. The successful applicant will join the Customer Success team and work remotely for the foreseeable future. Once safe, the option to have a flexible work from home schedule will continue, or to join the office in Toronto.
RIWI provides global trend tracking, prediction technology and access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We help tackle our clients’ most critical issues by breaking through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences online.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, diverse ethnicities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.