We are looking for a rock star sales leader. The Industry Lead – Sales will develop and drive sales across the evolving consumer and retail ecosystem – globally. We are looking for an experienced quota-carrying salesperson who can step up to a challenge. The person we hire will have proven abilities as a revenue generator within more than one of the following sectors: consumer products, retail, automotive, travel and tourism, and emerging technologies. We are looking for someone who has worked internationally and has a network, passion and ability to drive sales across the globe. S/he will work closely with all areas of the business including the Senior Management team on sales strategy and key account management. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
RIWI stands for “real-time interactive world-wide intelligence”. RIWI is a global technology company that provides access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. We break through the noise to find the truth about what people really think, want and observe – by reaching the most diverse audiences, including the disengaged and quiet voices who do not typically answer surveys or express their views on social media. Our patented, cloud-based, real-time and interactive platform provides our clients the ability to make faster and improved decisions to grow their earnings or investments, assess consumer and citizen behavior, and to monitor and predict various issues and trends around the world. We have collected data on a variety of subject areas such as economic impact of COVID-19 in China; consumer and shopping trends, accurate electoral prediction in various countries, income inequality; migrants and refugees: corruption, gender-based violence, LGBT rights, misinformation, as well as many others. RIWI works with industry leading organizations such as the Bank of America, US Department of State, United Nations World Food Programme, The World Bank, and others. We collect data in 229 countries and territories, over 80 languages and 1.6 billion interviewees and counting.
- Responsible for deal identification, design, negotiation and legal stewardship
- Accountability for building RIWI business in the consumer, retail, travel & tourism, and emerging technology sectors globally. This includes the full sales process – from outreach and lead generation work to negotiations, contracts and closing the deal.
- Upon closing business, transition the opportunity to the RIWI Customer Success team for successful engagements
- Manage existing client relationships to grow business over time
- Attend appropriate events to generate leads and build relationships
- Develop expertise of RIWI’s products to exceed targets
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- University degree and minimum seven years of proven direct B2B quota-carrying sales experience, ideally for professional services, market research or data technology companies
- Demonstratable success as a quota-carrying salesperson in more than one of consumer, retail, automotive, travel & tourism, and emerging consumer-facing technologies.
- Able to lead indirect teams to consensus and alignment on strategy, deal points, and negotiations
- Excellent network of previous and potential clients with a relentless focus on generating leads for the organization
- Experience selling globally with a proven ability to sell to and build relationships to the C-suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, client management skills, organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience using CRM to manage sales cycle (ideally HubSpot)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities – must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver in-full both short- and long-term projects in a high stress environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture.
- Excellent time management, decision making, communication and organization skills
- Results oriented mindset and a willingness to be hands-on with a high attention to detail
- RIWI is constantly evolving and beginning to scale. We expect the roles and responsibilities will continuously grow and expand. We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are excited to do whatever it takes to build RIWI.
- Commitment to work flexible hours and travel as required
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Download the application here.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org