As a data collection company, we are in a unique position to track and identify key data gaps. We’ve rounded up the top data gaps we identified in 2021 and those we can see emerging in 2022.
Top 5 Data Gaps in 2021
What data gaps did RIWI identify in 2021?
- Attitudes to vaccination and trust in public health measures during COVID-19
- The impact of regime change on economic, educational, migration outcomes during humanitarian crises
- The real-time social and economic impacts of COVID-19
- Alternative measures of economic activity in China
- Stigma expressed toward people suffering from or in recovery from addiction
What key data gaps do we see emerging in 2022?
- What sources of information and messengers do people invest their trust in?
- Who are the new generation of retail investors and how are they changing markets?
- How much are social tensions worsening? How polarized are societies becoming?
- What are the barriers to vaccination and compliance with other public health measures?
- What are the best practices for gathering and exposing data on gender and gender inequalities?